Please take note of the following changes to our policies and procedures: Effective Date: June 15, 2020
Updated: September 1, 2020
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Families will be asked to designate one individual to conduct drop-off and pick-up each day to limit exposure.
- Upon drop-off, a staff member will meet you at DOOR and maintain distance. Parents, family members, and outside visitors will not be allowed inside the childcare program. ● We will only allow one family at a time during drop-off. This will allow us to practice staggered drop-off procedures recommended by the CDC.
- Prior to parents leaving the site, a staff member will take the temperature of the child(ren) using a non- contact forehead thermometer and document the following using the Child Health Screening Form:
- Are there concerns about possible exposure to communicable disease ● Child Symptoms
- Household Symptoms
- All children will have their clothes changed with extra clothes parents/ guardians have made available if they are dirty with secretions immediately.
- The child(ren) and staff member will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the building.
- Upon pick-up, please call us to let us know you have arrived to pick up your child(ren). A staff member will meet you at DOOR. Doing so will limit direct contact and help us to maintain staggered pick-up procedures as suggested by the CDC.
- We ask to please maintain distance outside while waiting to pick up your child.
- Until further notice, all program field trips will be suspended and outside visitors will be prohibited in the building.
- We will practice social distancing by utilizing our spaces in the facility. ● We will pre-plate each child’s meal or snack in order prevent multiple children from using the same serving utensils. (no family style serving)
- We will sanitize our facility prior to opening and after closing.
- Staff will clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, faucets, toys, and games that children play with multiple times daily. Floors, tables, and equipment will be sanitized throughout the day. Checklists are signed off daily
- Deep sanitizing and cleaning performed by hired cleaning staff on weekends. ● No items will be permitted from home unless deemed necessary such as personal bedding.
Child Health & Wellness
- Families are asked to take your child’s temperature at night. This can help get a baseline of your child’s reading since morning temp can differ.
- We need all families to be truly honest about the health of all household members when they bring in their child. This is for everyone’s health and safety.
- I ask that you as a family avoid large social gatherings where social distancing and masks are not worn when going out in public. This is just another way that Little Angels can help maintain a healthy environment.
- If the child presents a temperature of over 100.0 at drop-off, the child cannot remain at the site and must return home with the individual dropping off.
- Any child that may:
- appear ill, experiencing rapid/ difficulty breathing, flushed cheeks, fatigue, continual cough, or fussiness we ask to please be kept at home.
- Children who have had symptoms of communicable disease must remain home for at least 72 hours after the last episode and should be fever-free for at least 24 hours without being given fever-reducing medications. We ask for the doctor’s note upon return.
- Families will be required to provide three extra changes of clothing in case child secretions soil their clothing.
- If a child becomes sick in our program, we will notify the parent immediately and the child will need to be pick-up. The child will be isolated until pick-up. If the parent fails to pick-up, the emergency contact person will be called to help with the pick up.
Staff Health & Wellness
- Staff will receive additional training on infection control and prevention. ● Staff will check their temperature at the beginning of each shift and document on the Staff Health Screening Form. Staff will notify their supervisor if they have a fever greater than 100.0 and if he/she develops any signs and symptoms of communicable disease. ● Staff will not be allowed to work if they are experiencing symptoms of communicable disease. They will be allowed to return upon approval from their healthcare provider or meeting guidelines set by the public health department. ● Staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the program and immediately prior to leaving.
- Staff will be expected to wash their hands, neck, or anywhere touched by a child’s secretions to prevent spread of disease. Staff will also ensure they have extra clothes/ smocks in case child secretions soil their clothing.
- Staff will wear masks during the day except for masks breaks for eating and drinking.
- Little Angels Child Development will remain open, unless indicated otherwise by state agencies. We will close if our facility is not safe for our children and staff. This change may happen suddenly and without notice.
- Regular holiday closure policies are in effect during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Other closures, we will handle to the best of our ability.
- Payment agreements will be handled on an individual and situational basis. ● As the information is changing at a rapid pace, and sometimes day to day, updates to the Covid-19 policies and procedures might be updated frequently.
- In the case of a child or staff diagnosed with Covid-19, our facility will close for a period of approximately two weeks. The recommendation is for everyone to quarantine and the facility will be disinfected. Target tracing will also be done to help deter any spread.
As we continue to provide an environment that is safe, nurturing, and educational for the children; we ask that you please keep honest and open communication with us during this time. We aim to keep an environment that is safe and healthy for our childcare community.